YOUTUBE turns 5 years old this week! What does this mean for the real estate market in Ocean County, NJ? Let's take a look back at 2009 first:
- 1 billion – The total number of videos YouTube serves in one day.
- 12.2 billion – Videos viewed per month on YouTube in the US (November 2009).
- 924 million – Videos viewed per month on Hulu in the US (November 2009).
- 182 – The number of online videos the average Internet user watches in a month (USA).
- 82% – Percentage of Internet users that view videos online (USA).
- 39.4% – YouTube online video market share (USA).
- 81.9% – Percentage of embedded videos on blogs that are YouTube videos.
Who's watching ALL of these videos? Today's home-buyer and/or home-seller; that's who. Consider the success of Coldwell Banker's "On Location"; their dedicated YOUTUBE channel has surpassed over 1 million views in it's first year!
Ok, Ok, so what does this mean for real estate in Ocean County, NJ, in 2010? NAR reports that over 90% of all prospective home-buyers start their home search on the internet. So, if 82% of ALL internet users, in the USA, viewed videos online last year, you can bet your home that today's home-buyer and home-seller in Ocean County, NJ, knows YOUTUBE turns 5 this week!