Monday, November 10, 2008

What's YOUR Top 3?

I received an interesting e-mail last week. It was part of a recruiting campaign by a local "100%-Residual Income" driven brand. Before I launch into my criticism of this e-mail, let me point out something positive about it; only my e- mail address showed in the "to" field!

The "guts" of the e-mail was a WORD attachment entitled, Top 20 Important Questions for Agents to Ask During a Real Esate Interview. No, that's not my typo. That is exactly how "Estate" was spelled on the attachment! Aside from the redundancy of Top 20 and Important, the title was effective enough for me to read on...their next mistake.

Here are the Top 3 of the Top 20:
  1. How many training classes do you offer per month?
  2. Who will train me?
  3. How much will the training cost?

I won't speak for any other real estate professional but those 3 questions wouldn't make my list at all, let alone the Top 3! Now, don't get me wrong; I'm a huge proponent of training and education but...obviously, this Broker does not understand and does not respect their target customer; today's "experienced sales associate". Today's ESA has most likely been trained because they are STILL HERE! I propose today's ESA would more likely ask these 3 questions:

  1. How will you help me make more money?
  2. What are you doing in this market to generate leads?
  3. Will leads from my activities be directed back to me?

I may be wrong but I don't think so...The main problem, as I see it, with this particular company's philosophy is that they haven't accepted WHO their REAL CUSTOMER is; today's real estate consumer (buyers & sellers)! And, as long as they stay focused on recruiting "experienced sales associates" that are concerned about how much training will cost, they will lose much more than just the "t" in "estate"!

No comments: