Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Monthly Real Estate Market Report for Toms River, NJ – August 2009
August by the numbers:
• 88 The number of Single Family Homes CLOSED during the month
• $399,009 Average LIST price for August*
• $330,822 Average SALES price for the month*
• 101 Average DAYS ON the MARKET for August
• 95.44% The SALES price to LIST price RATIO for the month
• 784 Number of Single Family Homes ACTIVE on the market in August
• 8.90 Number of MONTHS it would take to SELL OFF the existing supply of homes on the market, in Toms River, at this rate, if NONE were to come on the market!
August 2009, saw 88 Single Family Homes CLOSE in Toms River, as compared with 67 in August of 2008 (an increase of 24%)! THIS MARKS THE SECOND MONTH, IN A ROW; WE HAVE SEEN WHERE SALES HAVE SURPASSED THE SAME MONTH OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR! Of those 88 homes, 33 were in the price range of $200,000 to $299,999 (37%). Combined with the CLOSINGS from the First Half of 2009, this represents an INCREASE in SALES of 33%, in this particular price range, over the same time last year!
*These averages include Single Family Homes from the beach communities of Ortley, Normandy and Ocean, etc.
Posted by Coldwell Banker Flanagan Realty at 7:04 AM