Friday, November 6, 2009
Monthly Real Estate Market Report for Toms River, NJ – October 2009
October by the numbers:
• 70 The number of Single Family Homes CLOSED during the month
• $382,092 Average LIST price for October*
• $356,125 Average SALES price for the month*
• 120 Average DAYS ON the MARKET for October
• 93.20% The SALES price to LIST price RATIO for the month
• 737 Number of Single Family Homes ACTIVE on the market in October
• 10.52 Number of MONTHS it would take to SELL OFF the existing supply of homes on the market, in Toms River, at this rate, if NONE were to come on the market!
October 2009, saw 70 Single Family Homes CLOSE in Toms River, as compared with 58 in October of 2008. THIS MARKS THE FOURTH MONTH IN A ROW; WHERE SALES HAVE SURPASSED THE SAME MONTH OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR! Of those 70 homes, 28 were in the price range of $200,000 to $299,999 (40%). Combined with the CLOSINGS from the First 3 Quarters of 2009, this represents an INCREASE in SALES of 41%, in this particular price range, over the same time last year!
*These averages include Single Family Homes from the beach communities of Ortley, Normandy and Ocean, etc.
Posted by Coldwell Banker Flanagan Realty at 8:22 AM