Saturday, January 16, 2010
Monthly Real Estate Market Report for Toms River, NJ – December 2009
December by the numbers:
• 56 The number of Single Family Homes CLOSED during the month
• $387,928 Average LIST price for December*
• $354,078 Average SALES price for the month*
• 109 Average DAYS ON the MARKET for December
• 91.27% The SALES price to LIST price RATIO for the month
• 686 Number of Single Family Homes ACTIVE on the market in December
• 12.25 Number of MONTHS it would take to SELL OFF the existing supply of homes on the market, in Toms River, at this rate, if NONE were to come on the market!
December 2009 saw 56 Single Family Homes CLOSE in Toms River, as compared with 63 in December of 2008. THIS MARKS THE FIRST MONTH, IN THE LAST 6, WHERE SALES HAVE NOT SURPASSED THE SAME MONTH OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR! Of those 56 homes, 20 were in the price range of $200,000 to $299,999 (36%). Clearly, the $8,000 Tax Credit for First Time Homebuyers resulted in the gains in this particular price range during 2009!
*These averages include Single Family Homes from the beach communities of Ortley, Normandy and Ocean, etc. This may result in "higher than actual" averages for Toms River, NJ's Monthly Real Estate Market Report.
Posted by Coldwell Banker Flanagan Realty at 8:33 AM